The Hook’s Drug Store Museum and Soda Fountain is the perfect destination for your school field trip. Children of all ages will be fascinated with the quirky, unusual, and interesting history of medicines and pharmacy.
Groups will learn about:
- the origins of today’s most popular carbonated beverages
- the role pharmacies played in the community
- Victorian-age medicines that did more harm than good
- traditional medicines that are still used today
- what exactly snake oil is?
Our tours are customized for middle elementary through high school and last about 45 minutes. Following the tour, students are treated to an old fashioned ice cream soda from our soda fountain. The cost per student is $3; teachers and chaperones are admitted free.
To schedule a tour or special event, or for more information, please call us at (317) 924-1503 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org